It’s no secret that digital technology has enabled independent artists to successfully run their own careers. The real secret is HOW!
Here are 10 ways you can take control, reach new fans, connect with old ones, and get your music career moving in the right direction.
The do-it-yourself musician’s checklist:
1. Conveniently manage the physical and digital distribution of your music.
2. Promote, sell, and share your music across Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
3. Establish a presence on YouTube and Vimeo with affordable music videos.
4. Book your own sustainable and profitable tours.
5. Handle your own college, commercial, and internet radio promotion.